Friday, November 30, 2007

Gingerbread House

Thank goodness we live in a day where gingerbread houses come in pre-made packages. Some might strongly disagree with me but I do not miss the way it used to be done.

I have only recently discovered that I have slight creative control issues. It has really surfaced since we have been upgrading our house. It's not that I think my husbands thoughts on paint color, tile, home deco etc are wrong....I just think that mine are MUCH better. SOOOO, I had to really control my need to control tonight as I let the boys take over the gingerbread decorating. If I would have had my way it would have been decked out with perfect patterns and not a candy cane out of place. They ended up doing a great job...even tho nothing matches and there is a random gingerbread man on the roof.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Audrey O'Brien said...

darla - dido on the packaged gingerbread! your house is darling and you have great tastes so mario will just have to step aside ...

10:42 PM  
Blogger Traci K said...

That is a very cute house...and a very cute little boy!:)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Darla-

You are hilarious! I'm the same way, I value Devan's opinion, but in the end my opinion is much better. He he he! I want to come see the upgrading of your new house. I saw pictures of your bedroom and about crapped my pants because of the coolness of it.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Davina said...

That looks like so much fun! And the easier the better....lol.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home